Milford-Style Critique Workshop Method - A How To Guide

THESE Women
2016 Reading List
Reviewing the Year & Plotting the Next
Frankenfoot and the Writing Frenzy
Starting Over--Again.

Categories

#THESE Women, Women March, Trump Policies, marginalized, discrimination, femenism,
Apology
Everyday Writing
Favorite Places, Indie Book Stores
flooding, Missouri, thunderstorm, small towns,
Frankenfoot, The Carlton, Writing Frenzy, Foot Surgery
Fun Stuff
Holidays
ivy, ivy league, prune, edit, fiction, blog, wise old woman, neighbor
manuscript evaluation, editing
Marketing
NaNo, writing, blog, writers
new novels, works in progress, kidney failure, transplants, Transplant tourism, china
New Year, Goals, Year in Review, Lists, Accomplishments
Newsworthy Notes
Once Upon a Time, Robert Carlyle, Rumplestiltskin, Mr. Gold, query letter, grant
Published
Words of Wisdom
Writing Forums, Q & A
Writing Groups, Critique Groups, Improving Writing Skills
powered by

Page & Paragraph

Milford-Style Critique Workshop Method - A How To Guide

Just a quick note. I found a site run by Cascade Writers that explains a great critique method to use in your writing groups.

Starting a writers group is easy:
1) Find a group of people who want to improve their writing.
2) Set up a time and place to meet.
3) Then what...?

I would recommend using this technique to start the critiques.

Once you've established a routine and these guidelines, you can tweak them to better fit your group.

I really like the way Cascade Writers leads us step-by-step through the Milford Style. They not only tell you how to give a good critique, but also how to accept one without falling to pieces. And, Bonus! After giving and receiving all this good information, they also tell you what to do with it once the feedback soaks in.

20 Comments to Milford-Style Critique Workshop Method - A How To Guide:

Comments RSS
terracotta jewellery on Monday, August 26, 2013 1:40 AM
I believe that is one of the so much significant info for me. And i'm satisfied studying your article. But wanna remark on some common issues, The web site taste is perfect, the articles is really nice : D. Just right activity, cheers..terracotta jewelry !!

Creative writing on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 11:37 PM
Good news.This is a great post. I like this topic.This site has lots of advantage. I found many interesting things from this site.

baccarat on Thursday, March 24, 2016 3:38 AM
unbiased interior

ibcbet on Monday, January 16, 2017 1:58 AM

ไฮโลมือถือ on Monday, April 17, 2017 8:23 PM
thinks you

ฟังเสียงไฮโล on Tuesday, April 18, 2017 9:48 PM
thinks you

On demand printing on Saturday, September 28, 2013 4:01 AM
Presentable blog. I would like to mention that starting a writers group is easy and for this, one has to find a group of people who want to improve their writing.

minato on Monday, January 16, 2017 1:59 AM

improve your memory skils on Monday, February 03, 2014 1:58 AM
I am very joyous to read your dispatched remarks, it’s very cooperative for me, and I am wholeheartedly guaranteed with your blog. All comments and mails are very cooperative and very good. Thanks for circulating this dispatched remarks.

Mike on Tuesday, February 11, 2014 7:58 PM
Thanks

Shipon on Tuesday, February 11, 2014 7:59 PM
Writing is my one kind of hobby and most of the time I wrote when I get some free time. Your writing is very knowledgeable and enjoyable one look to me about the writing process. this premier essay also help us more for custom writing.

Abdhur on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 8:13 AM
From your post I've come to know some knowledgeable and handful info about the writing guide. I've a plan writing a child history book and at this time I've seen your post.http://www.vipessayservice.com/ Which helps me a lot to write my book easily.

visit here on Monday, April 21, 2014 2:19 AM
I am very joyous to read your dispatched remarks, it’s very cooperative for me, and All comments and mails are very cooperative and very good. from your post i have come to know knowledgeable and handful info about he writing guide, Thanks for circulating this dispatched remarks!

Sayma hossain on Monday, April 28, 2014 8:19 AM
I've read you fully post with my careful mind and I am able to get an amazing idea about the general book and writing. Which is very handy to me.

read more on Saturday, May 17, 2014 2:17 AM
This is my first opportunity to visit this website.and I have fully utilized this oppurtunity.I highly appreciate this post

Xuan Waterbury on Monday, October 05, 2015 3:18 PM
services is an obvious solution?

Magdalene Vonstein on Monday, October 05, 2015 5:08 PM
to discover a supplier in such a way?

Fokner on Wednesday, March 16, 2016 11:44 PM