Meeting Sir Dapron

THESE Women
2016 Reading List
Reviewing the Year & Plotting the Next
Frankenfoot and the Writing Frenzy
Starting Over--Again.

Categories

#THESE Women, Women March, Trump Policies, marginalized, discrimination, femenism,
Apology
Everyday Writing
Favorite Places, Indie Book Stores
flooding, Missouri, thunderstorm, small towns,
Frankenfoot, The Carlton, Writing Frenzy, Foot Surgery
Fun Stuff
Holidays
ivy, ivy league, prune, edit, fiction, blog, wise old woman, neighbor
manuscript evaluation, editing
Marketing
NaNo, writing, blog, writers
new novels, works in progress, kidney failure, transplants, Transplant tourism, china
New Year, Goals, Year in Review, Lists, Accomplishments
Newsworthy Notes
Once Upon a Time, Robert Carlyle, Rumplestiltskin, Mr. Gold, query letter, grant
Published
Words of Wisdom
Writing Forums, Q & A
Writing Groups, Critique Groups, Improving Writing Skills
powered by

Page & Paragraph

Meeting Sir Dapron

Last night, our writer's group had a wonderful speaker. We were honored and humbled by eighty-six year old, Sir Elmer Dapron and his lovely wife, Pamela.

Elmer may honestly be the most interesting man in the world. In spite of his many honors and awards, he is a down to earth individual who is willing to share his writing expertise and advice with novices such as our group.

He encouraged all of us to look outside our areas of writing to find markets for our expertise as well as our complete ignorance of a subject. Who better to write about fly fishing that the person who has never tried it, but wants to learn? In this world, there are far more amateurs than experts.

For those of us who do have a skill, then use it. For example, I speak Spanish, but I learned late in life. As a result, I have learning techniques that I developed on my own.

A person who has worked his or her way through the grieving process may be just the person to write an article for a funeral home or hospice center. Do you have allergies? Then write about them. Do you have an obsession for mustard or salsa? There are markets for those articles as well as markets for those of us who constantly burn dinner. (Or in my case, create a homemade, two pound loaf of Spam, so awful that the cat wouldn't even eat it.)

Elmer and Pamela opened my eyes with their creative minds and infectious laughter. I'm hoping we will continue to meet and grow our friendship as there is soooooo much I can learn from them.

ShareThanks again, Elmer and Pam.
P.S. Kudos to Dana for finding them!

11 Comments to Meeting Sir Dapron:

Comments RSS
custom essay writing on Thursday, July 05, 2018 1:35 AM
Meeting sir dapron, most interesting man in the world and more services I ever seen and including the expertise and advice with novices. The perfect learning techniques and more thoughts as well for creating a homemade.
Reply to comment

rushessay on Saturday, July 21, 2018 7:39 AM
He is a great speaker indeed. Hope to check out his next speech.
Reply to comment

dissertation help london on Saturday, August 04, 2018 3:28 PM
I hope I will have a chance to meet hime one day. He is a cool guy.
Reply to comment

Cranberry on Monday, August 27, 2018 4:12 AM
I see the greatest contents on your blog and I extremely love reading them.
Reply to comment

Cranberry Juice on Monday, August 27, 2018 4:26 AM
Great tips and very easy to understand. This will definitely be very useful for me when I get a chance to start my blog.
Reply to comment

Tomatillos on Monday, August 27, 2018 4:31 AM
It is perfect time to make some plans for the future and it is time to be happy. I've read this post and if I could I desire to suggest you some interesting things or suggestions. Perhaps you could write next articles referring to this article. I want to read more things about it!
Reply to comment

Garcinia Cambogia on Monday, August 27, 2018 4:40 AM
The worst part of it was that the software only worked intermittently and the data was not accurate. You obviously canot confront anyone about what you have discovered if the information is not right.
Reply to comment

Cowpeas on Monday, August 27, 2018 4:40 AM
I must say, I thought this was a pretty interesting read when it comes to this topic. Liked the material. . . . .
Reply to comment

Green Tea on Monday, August 27, 2018 5:04 AM
All the contents you mentioned in post is too good and can be very useful. I will keep it in mind, thanks for sharing the information keep updating, looking forward for more posts.Thanks
Reply to comment

Peppermint Tea on Monday, August 27, 2018 5:59 AM
Gangaur Realtech is a professionally managed organisation specializing in real estate services where integrated services are provided by professionals to its clients seeking increased value by owning, occupying or investing in real estate.
Reply to comment

Monk Fruit on Monday, August 27, 2018 6:55 AM
I feel a lot more people need to read this, very good info! .
Reply to comment