Technophobia?
Tammy Setzer Denton - Writer
RSS Become a Fan

Delivered by FeedBurner

Recent Posts

Comments and Advertising, Oh My!
THESE Women
2016 Reading List
Reviewing the Year & Plotting the Next
Frankenfoot and the Writing Frenzy

Categories

#THESE Women, Women March, Trump Policies, marginalized, discrimination, femenism,
Apology
Everyday Writing
Favorite Places, Indie Book Stores
flooding, Missouri, thunderstorm, small towns,
Frankenfoot, The Carlton, Writing Frenzy, Foot Surgery
Fun Stuff
Holidays
ivy, ivy league, prune, edit, fiction, blog, wise old woman, neighbor
manuscript evaluation, editing
Marketing
NaNo, writing, blog, writers
new novels, works in progress, kidney failure, transplants, Transplant tourism, china
New Year, Goals, Year in Review, Lists, Accomplishments
Newsworthy Notes
Once Upon a Time, Robert Carlyle, Rumplestiltskin, Mr. Gold, query letter, grant
Published
Words of Wisdom
Writing Forums, Q & A
Writing Groups, Critique Groups, Improving Writing Skills
powered by

Page & Paragraph

Technophobia?

I follow Nathan Bransford's blog and he asked an intriguing question.

Why are so many Literary Writers Technophobic?

Of course, I had to answer. I always have an opinion!
I've posted my reply here or you can visit the website via the link above and read a whole lot more opinions.

I can see both sides. How's that for straddling the fence? My next gig will be politics. This conundrum reminds me of the setting of Fahrenheit 451. Yes, I will be that lady who goes up in flames for her books. I love to caress the pages, admire the art and care it took to create the actual book. Going deeper, I appreciate the actual experiences that lead to the stories I've enjoyed. A virtual adventure is never the equal of the real thing. How to describe the smells and sounds are tempered by what we've known in our past. Your past is not mine and vice versa. I appreciate technology for opening new worlds to me that I cannot afford or physically manage to visit. I appreciate the ease with which the internet makes possible for me to send my words out into the world. Like all things in life, there needs to be moderation. A melding of technology and experience, the virtual and the actual, is the best we can strive for. Afterall, the quill was once new technology.

7 Comments to Technophobia?:

Comments RSS
best writing service on Friday, May 04, 2018 4:16 AM
The writing techno phobic for the more and development and conundrum reminds and perfect I can not afford for real thing. The experiences for better technology more appreciate and great afford,thanks.
Reply to comment

online assignment help australia on Tuesday, April 23, 2019 8:53 AM
It is indeed strange to have a technophobia. Our generation today is full of modernized technology and wherever you go, there is a lot of machine and electronics. I don’t know how a person may survive his everyday having this such of fear. But one thing I know, it is really hard and sick. There is a lot of different hospitals nowadays that offering programs for patients who have phobias. We as a normal person, we should respect they because we don’t know their struggles.

as on Friday, January 11, 2019 6:43 AM
as
Reply to comment

order essay on Friday, January 18, 2019 2:59 AM
The technology is bringing a lot of opportunities in the world. So much convenience and accessibility is being provided by the technology, but we must know how to moderately use it. We should not put any abusive actions and we must not go beyond the main function of technology. And this concept could bring us to create concepts and ideas in writing books or any literary works. For me the reason why some literary writers are technophobic is because they want to remain with the genre that they are good at.
Reply to comment

xbox live redeem codes on Thursday, March 21, 2019 5:08 AM
Go to the store instead and give money to the clerk. You still get all the benefits of buying a game through the Xbox Store
Reply to comment

wwe supershowdown matches on Friday, July 05, 2019 2:32 AM
Cash Op de Bankladder debuteerde op WrestleMania 21 in 2005 Wijk WrestleMania-Evenementen, warna het matchconcept in 2010 werd gelanceerd in hun eigen pay-per-view program.
Reply to comment

roblox games to play on Tuesday, September 24, 2019 3:25 AM
Every player is aware of the fact that a system or a slow game causes a lot of frustration, which means that they can distinguish themselves from the game, the application or a tool.
Reply to comment